Patagonia Black Hole® MLC™ 45L Bag/Backpack
The classic Patagonia MLC™ (Maximum Legal Carry-On) bag—a burly, soft-sided suitcase that converts to a backpack or a shoulder bag with enough room and organization options for world travel. It’s made with tough 100% recycled fabric, lining and webbing. Meets most airline carry-on requirements.
Multiple carrying options include a padded shoulder strap that can be worn on one shoulder or across the chest, bandolier style; zip-away, ergonomic shoulder straps that convert the MLC to a backpack so you can easily sprint through crowds; and top and side handles for a briefcase carry. An integrated docking sleeve slides over telescoping wheeled luggage handles. Made from 14-oz 900-denier 100% postconsumer recycled polyester ripstop (22% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and lined with 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating. Both fabrics have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
- Made from lightweight yet extremely durable, 100% recycled polyester ripstop with a TPU-film laminate to create a fabric that’s weather-resistant, abrasion-resistant and highly packable; lined with 100% recycled polyester with a tough polyurethane coating
- The clamshell design of the main zippered compartment features two separate chambers for easy packing, access and organization
- Two exterior pockets organize the essentials and include features to keep your keys, passport, travel documents and phone within easy reach; a tablet sleeve holds your handheld electronics
- Three carrying options: backpack with ergonomic shoulder straps that tuck neatly into a zippered compartment; shoulder bag with comfortable shoulder strap; briefcase with two carry handles
- Designed with a handy rear sleeve that allows you to slip the Black Hole® MLC™ on and off the handles on your rolling luggage
- We designed the Black Hole® MLC™ with a size and shape to meet most airline’s carry-on requirements
- We designed the Black Hole® MLC® with a size and shape to meet most airline’s carry-on requirements
- 1,655 g (3 lbs 10.38 oz)
Body: 14-oz 900-denier 100% postconsumer recycled polyester ripstop (22% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate.
Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating.
Both with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Body fabric is certified as bluesign®® approved
1,655 g (3 lbs 10.4 oz)
57.9 x 21.8 x 36.8 cm (22.8" x 8.6" x 14.5")
45L (2,746 cu in)