Patagonia Market Tote Bag
This reusable tote is made using a process that reduces the amount of scrap fabric generated in production. Fair Trade Certified™ sewn.
- Made from durable organic cotton canvas with sturdy reinforced handles
- Internal stash pocket keeps small effects at hand
- Fair Trade Certified™ sewn
- Screen-print inks are PVC- and phthalate-free
- 12" wide x 5.75" deep x 17" tall
- Artists by color code: Geoff McFetridge (LGBE); Patagonia original art (LRBS, PLBS, EGEB)
- Artist by color: Patagonia original art (LRBS)
- 221 g (7.8 oz)
In 1996, with an increased awareness of the dangers of pesticide use and synthetic fertilizers in growing conventional cotton, Patagonia began the exclusive use of organically grown cotton in all of their cotton products.
The quality of organic cotton is equal to or better than conventionally grown cotton, yet organically grown methods support biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, improve the quality of soil and often use less water. Growing organically takes more time, requires more knowledge and skill, and, for now, costs more. But it’s worth it.
To ensure they are buying cotton that is organic as defined by the USDA’s National Organic Program, they require numerous certificates issued by an accredited third-party certification body for every step of the supply chain, from farm to factories.
10-oz 100% organic cotton canvas.
Fair Trade Certified™ sewn