Patagonia Women's Down With It Parka
Boy do Patagonia get it right!!
The Down With It is a knee-length, warm winter parka that has a 100% recycled fabric package from its exterior shell and liner to heat-trapping 600-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products) insulation.
- 100% recycled polyester plain weave shell with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Insulated with 600-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products)
- Contemporary baffles pattern creates a modern silhouette with princess seams in the front and back for shaping and an insulating, contoured fit
- Removable three-panel hood secures to jacket with sturdy plastic snaps and is insulated for additional warmth
- Two-way front zipper with a covered placket and hidden plastic snaps
- Welted handwarmer pockets sit next to the princess seams and have a secure zipper closure
- Knee length with side-seam snap detail for additional freedom of movement
- 1,072 g (37.8 oz)
Shell: 2.3-oz 100% recycled polyester plain weave with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Insulation: 600-fill-power 100% Recycled Down (duck and goose down reclaimed from down products).
Fabric is certified as bluesign™ approved
100% Recycled Down
There’s a huge upside when you can turn waste into something beautiful; we’re doing that with Recycled Down. It’s a mix of either 600- or 700-fill-power goose and duck down reclaimed from cushions, bedding and other used items that can’t be resold. The reclaimed down is washed, using detergent and thermal water at 34 degrees Celsius, then dried at 135 degrees Celsius (20 minutes longer than the industry standard), making it hypoallergenic. Recycled Down offers the identical performance benefits to virgin down.
bluesign™ Approved Fabric
Patagonia has worked with bluesign® technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers.
In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners.
Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimise impacts on people and the environment.